We are looking for content writers
If you are looking to join a community of ambitious career driven intersectional feminists, you are passionate about empowering young women and you love the idea of doing so by using the power of the pen (more like your laptop these days), you might be just who we are looking for.
We are especially interested in hearing from you if you identify yourself as an underrepresented (and underestimated by society) woman – e.g. BAME, LGBTQIA+, working class.
This is a part-time, voluntary role.
What we expect?
Let’s get down to business.
- At least 1-2 pieces every month. These can range from personal essays, to advice about certain career paths. Our ultimate goal is to inspire the next generation of women to see the world as their canvas, so we’re looking for educational and actionable pieces. These will be published on our website.
- Promote Spectra on your social media pages and wider network – we want to make sure we reach the right people. So if you could get in, promote your pieces and those of others within your schools and universities, and spread the word that would be awesome.
- Be open to mentoring and mentorship. Eventually, here at Spectra, we want to build a community of women at all stages of their life who can help each other succeed. By joining our team, you will be committing to joining that community. This may mean, you could be called upon to help a girl who wants to get where you are.
What is it in it for you?
- Join a young, passionate and fun (if we do say so ourselves) team
- Build your portfolio! How nice would it be to have published articles to your name?
- You can take this opportunity where you want. Here at Spectra we constantly challenge ourselves to find new ways to fulfill our mission. You’re encouraged to come up with new ideas and projects – use your creativity and grow!
- The community! Just like you could help someone who wants to get where you are, you can also reach out to a woman you’d like to speak to and get advice from.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of young women from all walks of life.
You’re sold? Good!
Fill out our application form and we’ll get back to you ASAP:
If you would like to contribute – as a one off writer or something else – shoot us an email instead.